Certified Financial Planner®
Alan Hewitt is the President of AL Hewitt, Inc., a Fee-Only Financial Planning firm, with offices in Los Angeles and Ventura counties.
- Certified Financial Planner®
- Chartered Financial Consultant®
- Graduate of the College for Financial Planning in Denver, Colorado, class of 1994
- Accredited Asset Management Specialist granted by the College for Financial Planning
- Accredited Wealth Management Advisor granted by the College for Financial Planning
- Investment Advisor representative with AL Hewitt, Inc.
- Enrolled Agent licensed by the United States Department of Treasury
- Life and Disability Insurance Licenses with the State of California Department of Insurance
- Fire and Casualty Insurance Licenses with the State of California Department of Insurance
- Served as a Board Member and President of a major tax and financial planning franchise association council from 1995 to 1999
- Been a tax and financial planning speaker at various educational seminars throughout the country
- Author of The DROP Book, which has helped hundreds of public safety employees plan for their retirement. Alan regularly contributes financial articles to several media outlets and publications.
- Specializes in tax planning, financial planning, retirement planning, and wealth care for public safety employees. He is familiar with a variety of public pension plans and is a known expert with deferred compensation issues
- Alan is a retired lifetime member of the California State Firefighters’ Association.
Registered Financial Advisor with the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA), the largest organization of Fee-Only financial advisors
Member of the Financial Planning Association (FPA)
Chairman of the Investment Committee of AL Hewitt, Inc., which evaluates and develops investment portfolios and policies
Awarded the Electronic Filing Exemplary award from the Internal Revenue Service, Washington, D.C. office in 2004. He met with IRS executives giving key recommendations to the IRS to enhance and improve the Electronic Filing Tax System that millions of taxpayers utilize annually to complete their tax filing